Saturday, July 19, 2008

My Granola Weekend: the grand introduction



Welcome to numero uno of a multi-part blog series. Granola, you ask? Let me explain. You know the type of folk that only eat organic foods, that grown their own vegetables, that make their own clothes...or better yet that sheer their own sheep to make yarn and thread to make cloth to make their own clothes. Who don't always bathe. Who travel in large vans that barely run with stickers proclaiming various political views from decades past. Who don't always feel the need to wear appropriate under garments. Who don't wear make-up. This isn't really the type of life I lead.....although I do love shopping at Whole Foods, I did grow tomatoes and the like in a garden with my mom when I was a kid, I have been known to make my own clothing (and even won first prize at the county fair in high-school for a dress that I made), I haven't had a shower since before I swam in the river yesterday (but hey...I'm at camp), I do drive an SUV which is sort of like a little van, but my bumper stickers advertise various Christian ministries...but I do wear underwear and makeup (well, makeup some of the time). OK....so maybe I'm pseudo granola. It's times like this weekend, or really the entire time I've been at camp, that I get to enjoy little "Granola vacations" if you will. Where I can run around with no makeup and no one cares. I loved feeling like a hippie this weekend. Hope you enjoy my tales. Hope you don't think I'm nuts for this post. (Jess...I know you're tracking with me. haha. love you!)

p.s. the pictures are of this cool old car I found in Etna. I think the small dog inside it had some sort of mange and seemed a tad snarly. I assumed that this car and dog were a permanent fixture in the town, however, to my surprise, at the end of the night, a man walked up, jumped in the car, cranked it and drove off!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

tracking with you.