Tuesday, July 8, 2008

general update....

So I haven't had much time to write as of late but thought I'd just get off a quick update while I could grab a free computer.

*Trenton (our guitar player) spent some quality time in the camp infirmary and the Yreka emergency room last week with a terrible case of strep throat. However, his 103 temp has gone away after some prayer and IV antibiotics, and he's back in the saddle leading worship and working on the afternoon activities staff.

*Amber, the Freeman's summer nanny, arrived a few days ago and is wonderful! It's really nice to have another girl over 25 to hang with and I'm enjoying working with her on housekeeping staff and having her in the worship choir.

*I was excited to get some snail mail from my Mom and Grandma this week....it's always great to have something tangible in the mailbox! Thanks also to everyone who has written emails and facebook messages this week. Your encouragement has been vital.

*The "smoke on the mountain" is starting to lift and we've had clear skies for the past 2 or 3 days! We as a staff have been praying for the rain to come and for the skies to clear and for the residents of NoCal to know that it was the Lord's doing. Although we have yet to see rain, the skies are clearing all over the region and a few staffers on a "town run" to Etna yesterday overheard residents in a local restraunt proclaiming that "it must be a miracle from the Lord! Did you see how clear the skies are becoming!?" Praise Him for still moving and showering our land with Glory, if not rain!

*I'll be flying to Bethany Beach, Deleware this friday to play a Saturday night concert with Beth Cayhall and band! I'll be returning to the ranch on Sunday and am looking forward both to leaving, and to returning.

I've got to go get showered for worship rehearsal and have a few more blogs brewing in my brain that I'll get typed up soon. But...for now....thanks for all your prayers! Miss you all!

Blessings....

No comments: