Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A brief history of God.....

I'm curled up at a study desk in the Columbus, Mississippi Public Library at the moment toiling away on a grad school project when my eyes wandered from my screen to the shelves of books that stretch all the way from the floor to the ceiling and apparently I'm in the religion section. Amid all the volumes one title leapt out at me; "God: A Brief History."  It was about an inch and a half thick and undoubtedly about as comprehensive and thorough as a play I once saw in London entitled, "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare: Abridged."

I serve a God who is infinite, Who cannot be bound by size or time limitations and Whose own infallible Word only begins to record all that He has done through history.

I serve a God who cannot be summarized in a mere 399 pages....and for that I rejoice!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

You are in Columbus? I am coming through tomorrow- Thursday. Will you still be there?

bb said...

yes! For you....I will stay! :) I was planning on leaving around lunch tomorrow....I have to be back in Nashville Wednesday night......What are your plans! Call me! :)