Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sugar Creek Adventuring

Me, Mallory and Sarah's self portrait....
Me and Mallory on the waterfall

Sarah and I wading in the freezing cold water...

Mallory and Sarah and I decided to take our afternoon off on Friday and head out on an "adventure."  We took the four wheeler about twenty minutes from "campus" to the Sugar Creek waterfall (pictured).  We climbed about twenty minutes up the waterfall (Sarah and I following behind Mallory who is apparently part mountain goat) sometimes up the very center of the water, sometimes from rock to rock on the side... wherever we could find good (or suitable) footholds.  The water was freezing cold but crystal clear and one could see to the bottom of every pool.  

Having apparently rebounded from my fears of getting hurt after the blobbing incident, I was very proud to say that I held my own, even in the trickier passes, and loved every moment of the climb.

(afterall, it is the "climb" that counts, right?)

No comments: