Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Israelis are coming....

The JH Ranch has, over the past ten years or so, developed an incredible relationship with the nation of Israel.  They have made many trips to the city of Ariel and have hosted many Israeli students at the JH Ranch in California.
The last week that I was at the Ranch, we had the opportunity to host a delegation of 10 Israelis from the Ministry of Education in Israel.  All of these delegates work with the school system in a variety of capacities, and the Director of the Ministry of Education was also able to attend.  It was truly an amazing week with this group of people.  We shared with them the curriculum used at the ranch, which has all been translated into Hebrew. They are using some of this curriculum at the Ariel National Youth Center, a place in the city of Ariel designed to teach leadership skills to Israeli youth using the high and low ropes course elements built exactly like the structures at the JH Ranch.  We also had the privilege of learning worship songs in Hebrew and even some of the accompanying dances such as the Hora (Hava Nagila).  You really haven't lived until you've seen Eric Nicolai dancing to Ronnie Freeman singing in Hebrew....but, I digress.
One of the most amazing parts of the week however was that it rained.  Two days before they were scheduled to leave, the Lord opened the floodgates of Heaven and let it rain.  Pour.  Mallory, Sarah and I were out on our adventure when it started and we danced around like crazy people and laughed as the drops pelted us the entire ride back to the ranch.  

I love that the Lord waited until His flock came to the ranch to let it rain.  It felt as if He was saying to us as a staff, "because you have been faithful to tend my sheep, my chosen nation, I will bless you as well.  Because you have come before me with petitions for rain and have shown compassion on my children, I am pouring forth favor on you."

Showers of Blessings.

No comments: