Saturday, September 27, 2008

Where I am

I got a phone message yesterday from my friend Mike who queried, "Where on God's green earth are you today?"  Good question.

At this moment I'm on a tour bus watching VH1's metal morning on a flatscreen TV while surfing the internet:
...while passing scenes such as this:
As for where in the country I am......I not quite sure where I am actually.  I know that I just passed a sign advertising "Bob's Your Uncle Pizza Cafe."  I know that I'm eventually going to end up in Clear Lake Iowa to play a show for singer Emma Mae Jacob at the Surf Ballroom.  (The cool part about the Surf is that it is the last place that Richie Vallens, the Big Bopper and Buddy Holly played before the plane crash that killed them all.  We are all glad that we are riding the bus back and not flying.)

I got on the bus on Music Row last night at midnight (after rocking out to Justin Gordon and the Avett Brothers at War Memorial Auditorium  and catching part of the presidential debate on TiVo with Keith,) climbed in my bunk to sleep at about 1:30 am....got out of bed about 9:15 this morning and am chilling in the front lounge with the few band folk that are actually awake by now.....listening to all the songs we're playing tonight that I should know better than I actually do. Bill, Emma's hairdresser, just made me flaxseed waffles (Yummy!) and coffee with organic soymilk for breakfast.  

We've got about another 2 hours on the road before we hit Clear Lake.  I love the road.  :)

P.S......
We saw these along the way today out the bus window. I don't know that I've ever really seen wind turbines before. Thought you might enjoy seeing them too.


1 comment:

Jessica said...

question... what is on the internet you're surfing? inquiring baffled minds want to know. middle picture looks a bit questionable...