Tuesday, September 23, 2008

doin' what i came here to do....and then some.

When I moved here in August of 2006, I dreamed of a day when I would play music...and not have a desk job.  I hoped....and was almost too scared to hope...that some day I could tell people that I was a violinist, a fiddle player, a musician.  That when people asked what else I did, I could say, "nothing. just music."  

Last November the Lord brought me to a place where He asked me to step out on obedience.  You've probably heard the phrase, "don't quit your day job"...well I did.  I quit my desk job at Vanderbilt University and headed out into the mean world of full time music industry.
And I love it.

I am thankful to say that since last November I have done just that.  Played music.  Recently I've done a few acting gigs (a commercial for a lawyer in Georgia that my friend Courtney actually saw on TV in Georgia today), an extra in Billy Graham: The Early Years (out in theaters October 10, 2008), was an extra in Hannah Montana: The Movie (out in theaters May 1, 2009)  But mostly played music.

This week...the two will meet.  On Thursday I'm shooting a Christmas music video for Nicole C Mullen...and next Monday I'm shooting a video for Kristy Lee Cook (American Idol Season 7) for her song "15 minutes of shame."  I'll be the fiddle player in both of these videos.  (type-casting? haha.)  

I don't think that this is typical of Nashville at all...I'm not sure why I've been blessed with these opportunities...but I'm so thankful for them.  I'm just thanking the Lord, living it up and working hard while it lasts.  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! You are so talented and it's so exciting to see how the Lord is blessing this talent he's given you!