Sunday, September 7, 2008

Planet of the Apes.....ahem....Grapes.

Trenton, Ronnie, and Me with our Grape faces on.

Ronnie the Grape...I mean Great....I mean Ape...
Vogue  
It always cracks me up when I talk to kids and teenagers at events that seem to think that musicians are "so cool."  I frequently want to say, kid...if you knew how nerdy we are....you probably wouldn't be buying that record.  But of course I never say that.  My job is to sell records. (Today a ten year old girl came up to the merch table after the show and said, "You guys were WAY better than the Jonas brothers.  No...I'm being serious...you were!"  Aaahhh.  I've hit the big time.) Anyway.....this weekend was no exception to the "we do weird things on the road" rule except Glen happened to be there to document it all on his iPhone.  Thanks Glen. :)

These little gems were taken by hiding grapes in our lips.  The boys think I look sort of like "DW" from the "Arthur" books and cartoon show.  I think they look like Planet of the Apes creatures.  Suffice to say, we all look super weird.  It's good to know that a host of teenagers still think we're cool even though no one else will after this.  Fortunately, I don't think that many people actually read my blog.  ;)


No comments: