Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Surf

Last night's show with Emma Mae at the Surf Ballroom was SO much fun! The energy level of the band onstage is one of, if not, the highest I've ever played with and it was so much fun to rock out onstage with them. The Surf is a really cool, old, historic theater in Clear Lake, Iowa and was the last venue that Richie Vallens, the Big Bopper and Buddy Holly played before the plane crash that killed them all. (Their plane went down 7 miles west of the theater in a field). They also have a room in the back where the walls have been signed by everyone who has played there. I thought you might enjoy some pictures from last night.

I'm in my bunk on the bus back home to Nashville....having had a great weekend, and looking forward to getting back home.

Me and Emma Mae after the show.

The Historic Surf Ballroom.

One out of 4 walls of the room of signatures!  Crazy!

Point of Grace has played the Surf!  I loved that I found this signature!  I'll be out with Point of Grace this December for their 17 date "Winter Wonderland Tour."

So......catering brought us Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner...and the wet naps say "Not recommended for underarm use" on the packaging. Which of course, prompted me to take this picture......

No comments: