Thursday, July 2, 2009

South Carolina, C'mon and raise up....

Whew! It's been a few months since I've blogged....and since I'm back on the go this summer, I figured I'd pick it back up to keep everyone from getting confused as to where precisely I am. Today's adventure destination: Columbia, South Carolina.


map of South Carolina. We're in Columbia...which you can see is pretty much in the dead center of the state.

So today I got to check another state off my list as Keith and I made the trek from Nashville to Columbia, South Carolina to visit his Mom and stepdad Rick (who you might remember from our Hawaii Adventures blogs from January of this year) and his brother Mark and his family for the 4th of July. We had a beautiful (and long) drive down. The highlight of the roadtrip was stopping at Moe's in Asheville, NC for burritos. Moe's was a favorite eatery of mine in Jackson, MS, and I haven't been to one in the almost 3 years I've been in Nashville. I miss it. It was wonderful to sink my teeth once again into a "Joey Bag of Doughnuts" and some yummy queso.
We rolled up to the beautiful Browder estate about 9 pm and sat out by the pool and caught up on news of various goings on and then moved the party inside (dern mosquitos) where Ms. Pat and Rick looked through my Hawaii scrapbook. We were all pretty tired so we headed to bed soon thereafter.

Tomorrow is shaping up to be a fantastic day....we're heading to downtown Columbia in the morning to tour the capital building (I'm a nerd) and then Mark and his wife and two girls are coming over to swim in the pool. Ms. Pat has warned me repeatedly about the "swealtering heat" of the afternoons....but I've assured her that I'm a Mississippi girl who can handle heat and humidity and anything else. We'll see. Oh, skeet shooting is also on the docket for tomorrow. Pray I kill only skeet and not any of Keith's family members on accident. Just kidding.

OK...I'm off to sleep now. Tomorrow's blog will be far more exciting for sure!


flag of South Carolina

p.s. for those of you thoroughly confused on the blog title....it's a reference to a Petey Pablo rap song that was popular around the year 2001-2002.

No comments: